The following information will get you started with your Google-based options.
With the relaxed HIPAA regulations for COVID-19, Google Hangouts can be used as your conferencing tool.
I am a regular Google user (non-Google-Suite)
Regular Google users can use Google Hangouts for video conferences.
- Click https://hangouts.google.com/
- Click the hamburger button in the upper left corner to open the menu, then select Help & Feedback.
- There you can find key articles on things like:
Run a systems test
Start a chat with a patient
Start a video call
Note: Clicking the video icon on the main Hangouts page (https://hangouts.google.com/) opens the Google Hangouts tool.
I am a Google Suite user
Google Suite users are routed to the Google Hangouts Meet conference tool.
- Click https://meet.google.com/
- Click https://support.google.com/meet/?hl=en#topic=7306097 for instructions regarding system requirements, how to start and join video meetings, and so forth.
Note: Clicking the Start a Meeting button on the main Google Meet page (https://meet.google.com/) opens the Google Hangouts Meet tool.